March 17, 2009

Wearing Green While Listening to Great Music

Today is St. Patrick's Day, I am wearing green. Not that me wearing a specific color shirt is something truly special. Green is my favorite color and I wear it very often, and a holiday like today is just another excuse to wear my favorite green shirt. Even though I am not Irish in any sense of the word I have always grown up celebrating this day. Nothing too special, there was always the fun game of pinching friends or family members who somehow forgot to wear green. Occasionally my Mom would make an Irish themed dinner or we would eat shamrock shaped cookies. It seems to me that many other PBA students have had the same experience in childhood as me. Most of my friends rolled out of bed this morning before their morning classes and managed to find a green shirt or other clothing item in their closet. Hopefully, most, if not all, of them were also able to find their shower and clean up a little!

PBA has a small St. Patrick’s Day celebration tonight that I am particularly excited about. We are having a Coffee House out on the Rinker Green. For those of you who do not know, PBA has many Coffee Houses during the year all run by Student Activities and usually all take place on Friday nights. There is an abundance of excellent musicians at PBA so the events are always a great way to start off your weekend with good music, good company and free Starbucks® coffee. Anything that you can get for free is just astounding, and with the price of coffee these days it always helps to get it free. Tonight three good bands Alexander, Leone and Cold Kerosene will be playing. Cold Kerosene was the winner of the annual battle of the bands contest a few weeks back so it will be a real treat to hear them play again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer