March 26, 2009

Magic Filet Mignon

This has been an extremely busy, but rewarding week. Like I explained in my blog (on March 24) Governor Huckabee was on campus for two days. I got the privilege of working at the event at the Breakers Hotel on Tuesday night. There were a few hundred community members from around West Palm and Palm Beach Island. When I say that I worked the event, I really mean that I was just greeting and directing people to the ballroom. Going to the event would have been worth it if I just got to hear the Governor speak, and play his bass guitar. Oh but there is more. I got to eat the amazing food that the guests paid $200 a plate for. When I say amazing that is a complete understatement, what I really mean is incredible, astounding and remarkable. Maybe even the best food I have ever had. We had melt in your mouth filet mignon, risotto and a delicious salad (now that is something I have never said before I am sure, do not count on it ever coming out of my mouth again). The desert was a banana split of sorts (not the same kind you had in elementary school), more of an adult banana split with frozen chocolate covered bananas and delectable ice cream. It is currently 11:30 in the morning but I am getting very hungry so I better quit this discussion and move in a different direction…


On a completely unrelated note but almost just as exciting for me – the Orlando Magic beat the Boston Celtics last night. It was pretty cool (and seeing since I was born and raised in Orlando) I am and forever will be a Magic fan. I think that Dwight Howard is a beast and he had some pretty sweet plays last night at the game in Orlando (saddly I watched on ESPN). If you happen to be walking around the Towers and Lakeview parking lot on campus I bet you will be able to find my door – a huge Superman (Dwight Howard) poster will guide your way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer