March 11, 2009

Living Close to Campus

This is my eighth and last semester at PBA, and I am not leaving Palm Beach County for the majority of Spring Break. A lot of students at PBA go home for these longer breaks (Spring, Fall, Easter, Christmas), while I can pretty much go home any time I want. Although I live in Tequesta, which is about a 20 or 30 minute drive from PBA, I decided to live on campus.

The price of gas from 2005 to 2008 was high due to the "gas bubble." Two daily thirty minutes drives could be quite costly, though my lodging cost would not change. Another reason that I decided to live on campus is the atmoshere of college life. While I still would have friends as a commuter, I may not have developed the stronger friendships that I have from living on campus. Also, my parents probably wanted to get rid of me. Just kidding.

I have lived with eight roommates and twenty-eight suitemates in six rooms and three halls at PBA. A lot of these people have become good friends, and I don't regret choosing to live on campus. By the way, Lakeview was my favorite dorm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer