March 23, 2009

Geography


Yesterday, I went for a walk from Towers to Lake Worth Rd and back (approximately 13.5 miles). I saw a lot of interesting buildings, such as a Crematory Society, a bakery and a couple of churches. The National Cremation Society had a sign that said: "That's my wish." There were some pigeons hanging out on the building, and it kind of looked creepy.


Lake Worth is supposedly "where the tropics begin." I read somewhere that Lake Worth has a high population of Finnish people, but I didn't see any evidence of it (specifically, flags). Finns and tropics are usually not associated with each other. I did see enough evidence to lead me to believe that hippies might reside in Lake Worth. More research may be needed for this conclusion, though.


While I walked, I listened to some lectures on the Geography of Europe that I downloaded from iTunesU. The professor discussed the European Union, de facto countries in Europe, and agriculture in Europe. It was really interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer