March 26, 2009

Mike Huckabee visits PBA!


As Richard mentioned in his blog, Mike Huckabee came to speak on campus the other day. I got to attend the brunch before chapel and then I went to chapel and got to briefly meet him afterwards. The picture above is Huckabee, my friend Chiara and me.
During election time I didn’t know much about Mike Huckabee, but I have gotten to know a lot more about him since then. With his television show on Fox news I feel that he has gotten a lot of exposure and his voice is being heard. I agree with Huckabee on a lot of topics, especially his view on abortion and the role of government.

During the brunch Huckabee said that he believes the reason people voted for Obama was not because they trusted the government more than they trusted themselves, but because they thought he would bring them up, rather than down. He calls this “vertical politics,” which is where voters make decisions based on whether they believe the nominee will bring them up or down, not on how far on the left or right side they stand.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer