March 19, 2009

Bring Your Sunscreen…and Your Umbrella

Today I awoke into the beautiful sunshine of West Palm Beach. It is currently a balmy 73 degrees outside with a nice cool breeze. Not to rub it in if you live in Michigan or something, but I was just looking around weather.com® and noticing the weather around the country – mostly up north. It is much colder everywhere else. It is even snowing in some places. This is just unreal to me. Do not get me wrong I like snow, for like a week, while I am skiing or something but it gets old. I am a native Floridian hailing from the Orlando area (the real Orlando, not Disney World) and I really do not like cold weather at all. The sunny and warm weather brought me to PBA kind of, although it was not the actual main cause of me coming to PBA, just a huge bonus. The beach being so close is a great asset and allows many days of tanning or beach fun – providing that you go to class and keep your GPA up enough to stay here all 4 years.

I am not going to lie to you. The vast majority of days spent in West Palm Beach are close to perfect especially during the winter. Yesterday was not one of those days. All of Palm Beach Atlantic University awoke for our morning classes to what could only be described as a monsoon outside. Not to be completely cliché, but it was raining cats and dogs. Luckily I found a huge umbrella last semester. Now I know what you are thinking, I did not steal this umbrella, it was left in my Towers Apartment by a former occupant. I would recommend everyone to get a super huge umbrella for those random days where it rains because as they say, when it rains in West Palm it actually pours. You can get by with a small umbrella but it is much more fun to be able to save your friends from being washed away, on your way to class.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer