April 6, 2010

Sterotypical Easter

HE is RISEN!

I have always known that PBA had a family atmosphere, but I never really realized it until this Easter. I had two friends from my dorm (Weyenberg) that were not going home for the Easter break. They had their reasons: distance, cost, no form of transportation, and so on. I invited them to my home to celebrate this beautiful day with my family. They had never celebrated Easter without their families, so I knew I had to make it fantastic.

Easter 2010 started off with us going to bed at 6:30AM after talking for a little over 8 hours. We attended service at 11 and by 2 we were at my house. As the day continued, we played volleyball and threw around a frisbee. After having my parents hide the Easter eggs, the competitive hunt began. A friend and I tied with 12 eggs. This could only mean one thing, a friendly competition of wii tennis. We then ate the delicious food my mother had prepared and after that we dyed the eggs. This completed our Easter.

The sense of community at PBA is great. I am so grateful for the friends I have made here. I am even more grateful for having had the opportunity to share such a wonderful day with such wonderful people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer