April 14, 2010

España por un Año

I am usually not a person who worries. I can typically go with the flow and make decisions at the last minute without much stress. This semester I have experienced stress. Not only am I graduating in 24 days, but I am uncertain of what comes next in my life. I know that God will provide, but I still have to take action in the direction He is calling. Just a few weeks ago, I felt like I needed to forego my plans since the beginning of freshman year – go right away to Medical School – for a new plan. I decided that I am going to teach English in Spain for a year.

This is not completely ridiculous; when I graduate on May 8 I will have a Spanish Minor as a part of my bachelor’s degree. Being fluent in Spanish is one of my life goals, and this is the best possible way I can see to accomplish that goal. Plus I get to live in Europe for a year. What more could a person ask?

Anyways, part of the application process involves a whole lot of paperwork. I have been waiting, and waiting for all of it to get to my mailbox here in West Palm. Needless to say, I have been freaking out a bit. The deadline, tomorrow April 15, has been quickly approaching. My background check, which I had to order from my hometown Maitland (Metro Orlando), STILL had not come as this morning. Luckily I was able to get the police department to e-mail me a copy of the report. Everything is coming together, and I could not be happier. It seems like this might actually happen. Life is GOOD.  Now I just have to wait until the last week of April or the first week of May to see if I am accepted and find out the exact school I will be teaching in.  Maybe I can occupy my mind with the plethora of homework I need to do before then.  Probably not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer