April 16, 2010

Saturday Morning in the City

Typically on a Saturday most PBA students remain asleep, some well into the afternoon. I usually awake late morning because I have to get up so early during the week for 8am classes. There are a few reasons why I will get up early on a Saturday. The first of which is breakfast at my favorite downtown restaurant, Bonjour de Paris Bakery and Cafe. They have delicious French baked goods and mouth-watering breakfast sandwiches. I am partial to the sausage, egg and cheese croissant. Plus the lovely French couple, whom own the place, are always fun to be around.

Another reason, most often in conjunction with the previous reason, is the downtown WPB Green Market. The Green Market is very similar to farmers markets found throughout the world. You can buy produce and other items grown locally and usually organically. The best part is the free samples of things like apple cider doughnuts, guacamole, kettle corn and fruits. The Green Market is a place to see and be seen, and most people come with their dogs to spend some time in the morning sun.

The only other reason as to why I would choose to wake up on a Saturday morning is the beach. If I do make it to the beach before lunchtime it is only because I have already been to Paris Café and the Green Market because the beach, although awesome, can wait until the afternoon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer