April 12, 2010

Everyday is a Birthday at PBA

There must have been something in the air in July back in 1987, and ’88 too for that matter. I am pretty sure that I have never experienced a week like this before. I literally have a PBA friend who has a birthday on each day this week. It is not just my run of the mill, acquaintances either. I am talking about real, down to earth, good friends. All of them. It is very exciting that there will be something to celebrate each day this week (seriously, Monday-Friday), even though most of them are turning old – and by that I mean 22 or 23.

I just do not know how I am going to be able to afford the celebrations, both in my time and in finances. Typically a birthday celebration involves going out to dinner at a nicer place, which means more expensive, usually somewhere in the vicinity of City Place or Downtown. My goal is to persuade at least some of these important individuals to combine their respective celebrations, and hopefully postpone them to Saturday night instead of during the week.

With only 3 class weeks of school left, the projects, papers and exams are approaching their due date – which means I am beginning to start them. Procrastination does not pay off, now that I have wasted much of the semester, and will be forced to prioritize homework. Looks like I will be spending a whole lot of time at my favorite place, the Lassiter Reading Rotunda in the Warren Library, at every moment I am free this week and all weekend. It will be worth it in the end even if I complain along the way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer