February 3, 2011

The Glorious Outside

While the North receives snow up to their ears, we, in our shorts and flipflops, skip on the various green lawns located all throughout the PBA campus. A few of us were watching the weather channel and noticed the warnings near Michigan. It is hard to imagine living anywhere super cold like that. I've lived in West Palm Beach, FL, my entire life. I have visited colder locations and have never felt like I could fully enjoy it. The cold weather is just not my cup of tea.

THAT'S ANOTHER THING!

I can't imagine drinking hot liquids all of the time. I'm not saying that, as a Northerner, you can't drink cold liquids. I'm just saying that most people would think you were ridiculous if you were drinking an iced coffee in 20 degree weather. I like smoothies too much. Anyways, I am really enjoying this weather. Currently it is 80 degrees outside. I've seen many students with surf boards and tan lines.

THEN AGAIN!

I get pretty cold at 65 degree weather. The coldest I have ever been in was 17 degrees. That was in DC during the holidays. I thought I was going to die. My Florida Jeans (yes, that is a THING) were too thin and very far from being considered any kind of shield. I learned my lesson. I had thick and unflattering jeans on the next day. However, I had scarfs, thick socks, thermals, huge jackets, and straightened hair. Other than the hair, I looked like a pillow. If I had fallen I would have bounced right back up.

LONG STORY SHORT!

PBA is a great place, because it is beach weather (most of) all year round. It depends on where you're from. Just because I would not go outside doesn't mean you would not. Maybe you would consider West Palm Beach as having beach weather all year round.


Here's proof of THE GLORIOUS OUTSIDE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAHgl7J3ewc

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer