January 13, 2011

"Why would I take 18 credits?"

Many students went home over Christmas break (2010) to spend time with their families and friends. It can be hard walking out of your dorm room for the last time, but a break is always needed. College can become overwhelming in the blink of an eye.
For Christmas, we had a family gathering. It was a lot of fun. When I wasn't with my family, I was with my friends from High School.
For New Year's Eve my family went to Disney World! It was packed! The capacity for Walt Disney World is 100,000, and they reached this amount at 9:30am. Many of the rides had a two hour wait because of this overpopulated fun zone. Overall, it was a wonderful time full of fireworks and Mickey ears.
When we got home, I still had one more week before school started. This was a time full of laundry, ordering school books, selling old school books, and using up gift cards.
Once I got back onto campus all I wanted to do was see my dorm hall mates! It was wonderful seeing everyone.
As soon as classes began, I realized how difficult this semester would be. I have 18 credits, a part time job, a resolution that requires me to go to the gym, and many extracurricular activities. Through all of the stress and lack of time management skills, I find peace. I know this is where I am meant to be, and I thank God for the opportunity to get an education from PBA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer