February 28, 2011

Battle of the Bands 2011

There was a time before I was a Sailfish. I knew where the school was located in comparison to the beach, Iknew where the school was located in comparison to City Place (outdoor mall), and I knew that the school held an event called,
Battle of the Bands!






Every spring semester, Palm Beach Atlantic University holds a Battle of the Bands. This event is one of my favorites. When I was a senior in high school, I attended the Battle of the Bands. I was excited to see how the students interacted with each other. I understood that PBA was a Christian school and was excited to see it first hand. A tour is wonderful but attending a PBA event felt a lot more real.




This past Battle of the Bands event happened to fall during an Open House event. With that said, there were many high school seniors. There were free T-Shirts being thrown, free iTunes gift cards being given, and plenty of free soda being handed to the audience. Let's not forget to mention those bumpin' beats. A few bands competed for the ultimate prize! Only one would leave the Rubin Arena (in the gym) with the grand title.
The audience and the judges loved the band,
Carry on and the Wayward Sons!
They took home a little more than a T-Shirt, an iTunes gift card, and a soda. They won the Battle of the Bands 2011!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer