March 1, 2011

Spring Break Mission Trip! Part 1

I've never led or been on a Mission Trip. You see, I have this fear of flying. It gets in the way with the whole concept of oversea Mission Trips. Who would've known? Anywho, my friend told me about the Miami Mission Trip sometime in October (2010). My thoughts on it were simple. Yes, that could be fun to go on...not lead. God had different plans. I found myself filling out an application to be a Mission Team Leader. I also found myself scheduling an interview to be a Mission Team Leader. During my interview, the Mission Planning Team told me that I would most likely be put as the Leader for an overseas Team.

This scared me so much.

I did not want to lead an overseas team. I wanted to lead Miami. I love the idea of working in our backyard. Miami is one of the most unchurched cities in the nation. There's always something to do in Miami.
I got a call from the Mission Planning Team congratulating me. I was a leader. But where?

MIAMI!

Within this entry, I will share my expectations. My team is leaving PBA and entering the Miami field this Sunday. We will be there 6 days (our Spring Break), and we'll be staying at a church. Our focus is on the homeless. While there, we will be visiting an abortion clinic and teaching migrant workers English.

I love the team! There are only 5 of us, and I would not have it any other way. I look forward to sharing my experience with you during Part 2!

PS. I am currently in the process of designing T-Shirts for Team Miami, so that I can surprise them with the shirts before we leave. Unfortunately, it is incredibly frustrating, and time is running out. It is already Tuesday! I am excited to see if this actually plays out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer