March 15, 2010

Spring Break!

Ah, Spring Break, just saying the words would make any student happy. At PBA we just finished up our Spring Break and students are returning to campus from all around the world. The adjustment is difficult, as always. Mission Trips are a very important part of the PBA experience, and I would highly recommend taking at least one during your time in college. I went to Santa Cruz, Bolivia my freshman year and it was an experience I will never forget. Sophomore year I took a trip to Guatemala City, Guatemala with a couple friends. Junior year a couple of friends and I road tripped up to Ponce Inlet, Florida to spend the week together at the beach.

Every break I felt the need to travel somewhere to have a fun and relaxing spring break. This year, my final year, it hit me. Why would I want to leave this paradise where I live for school for spring break? The stress of travel takes away from vital beach and relaxation time. In the past PBA has charged students to remain on campus during spring break, this year they decided to drop that expense which means free housing ALL spring break right near the beach. What more could a college student ask for? I do not actually live on campus, I live with 3 roommates in a downtown condo within a mile of campus, but I would have enjoyed living on campus for the break as well.

Being that I am from the metro Orlando area, I have many friends from home who attend the large state schools in Florida. In the past, PBA has always had spring break at another week than everyone else in the state. This year was different, we lined up with mostly everyone. We also happened to line up with the college one of my roommates transferred from in Illinois. What does this mean? My condo was full of good friends the entire week. Every college student around the country dreams of spending their spring break in sunny south Florida. So I stayed here and brought old and new friends here to spend a great and tranquil spring break getting my tan on at Clarke Beach (below) and at the pool/hot tub (mid right) in my condo. If only spring break was two weeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer