July 7, 2009

The Other Side of West Palm

Being in West Palm Beach over the summer, you experience things you never would during the school year. For one-the bugs. The bugs (specifically mosquitoes) are ridiculous during the summer months. When I was gearing up for the summer I purposefully bought a bottle of bug spray. Did it help? Nope. I need one of those new Off fans constantly attached to my hip. Thank goodness that come September, mosquitoes will be a rarity.
During the school year I am continually found staring up in the sky admiring God's handiwork. A spectacular sky scape is pretty common in South Florida. But it seems that in the summer months God ups the anti. I am regular brought into a state of awe by artwork displayed in the skies. My poor roommate is regularly be dragged outside to check out the newest cloud creation. In the past two months I have witnessed skies that look painted, lightning strikes that could outdo any fireworks show, red moons, and a complete bold rainbow which landed directly in front of my dorm. The beauties in the sky quickly make the bugs an afterthought.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer